Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The times they are a changin'


Well, it's been three days since my parents went into the MTC. Thursday they fly to Germany and then to Finland. It was weird saying goodbye to them. Friday we went to see them get set apart and then we had a family dinner at their house. I don't feel like it will be three years until I see them again. I feel like I'll see them in just a week or so. But it's not going to be that soon.

I'm so excited for them. I know it will be a good experience for the whole family. We will all receive many blessings. But I will be hard to be away from them. They will definitly be missed.

On Saturday we took Joseph fishing for the first time. We were only out for about 1/2 hour and we didn't catch anything. (I think Josh only threw out his line once) But it sure was fun to watch him take everything in. He enjoyed the water and the reflections on the bay. And he sure looks cute in his little hat. Okay so it's my big hat, but you get the idea.
He's such a fun little boy. Yesterday was his four month appointment. He is 25 3/4 inches long (75%), 14 lb 13 oz (50%) and his head is 161/2 inches around (25%).
He got his immunizations yesterday and he was not happy about it (who is). But he was such a good boy. I could tell he was starting to hurt on the way home but he tried to be brave and all he did was some little moaning in the back seat.
He's getting so social and friendly. He will follow you around with his eyes until you look at him and then he smiles like he's going to Disneyland. He's so fun.
I finally have a stove. We bought it last week but it finally got hooked up today. So I made a cake and I have chicken and noodles cooking right now. It's so nice to have a functioning stove.
We also got the washer and dryer hooked up on Saturday. Now I don't have to go to a laundromat to clean clothes. It's so nice to see the house coming together. In the next week or so I need to take some pictures and post them.

No comments: