Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

This has been an interesting and very emotional Father's Day for me. On one hand I get to have Josh by my side. He is a wonderful father and it is so fun to see him with Joseph. How nice to celebrate Father's Day with the father of my children. On the other hand I think of my own father. He also is a wonderful father and I think of how much I will miss his advice and counsel while he is gone.
Today the primary sang some songs in sacrement meeting. One song they sang says "Father so noble and brave and true I love you." It's true, Dad. I love you. I'm so glad my heavenly Father blessed me with an earthly Father that is so wonderful. He's such a blessing in my life. And I'm so grateful for him.


On another (and less emotional) note, Joseph has decided that he can feed himself. He tries to hold the bottle and some times takes it out of my hand. Usually it comes out of his mouth when he does that so he then gets angry. He's such a funny little boy. He also thinks he can feed himself cereal. He grabs the spoon and tries to get it (and his hand) in his mouth.

Yesterday he did this (see pictures to right). And he wasn't done eating yet. It was in his hair, his bouncy seat, he even had cereal on his knees. Don't ask me how it got there.

The funny thing is, after this we went out to get Josh's father's day present and to dinner. I washed Joseph's face twice before we left. But all through dinner I kept wiping bits of cereal off of him. Crazy nut.

Good news. Last night (after dinner) we finished most of the bathroom. I say most because we still need to get the shower put up and the walls around it built, but we are having professionals do that. Josh got the drains all plumbed and we got the floor in and the tile on. That makes the bathroom seem twice as big as before and most of the leftovers from this project are still in the room.

Now we get to start working on Joseph's room. His bathroom is totally torn up. Only the bathtub is in there. Then we can do the floor, paint and carpet and he can have a room. That means we will have our room also. Even if he still sleeps in our room for a while it will be nice to put all of his funiture in his room and be able to breath.

Happy Father's Day to all fathers out there. Thanks for all you do. Thanks especially to the two great fathers in my life; my father and my son's father. I love you both.

1 comment:

ZB said...

Horray, you have a blog.
But when oh when did this little guy get to be so big. I thought he was just born. He's so handsome. and a very good mix!

Can't wait to peak in on you from time to time.