Sunday, June 1, 2008

It took me long enough

So I've been wanting to start a blog since before Joseph was born. I guess that's what happens when you have a baby and move and all that fun stuff.
The reason I gave this blog the name that I did is that all our names start with the letters J,A, R. So instead of going for a Star Wars reference, I decided this was a little better.
Joseph is growing up so fast now. He has this idea that he needs to help me when I feed him. He can't quite hold the bottle on his own but he tries. The only problem is that he usually ends up with his hands over the nipple and then gets upset when he can't get any milk out.
He also thinks he can sit up by himself. It's so fun to watch as he strains to get him self away from whatever he is leaning against. Then after just a few seconds he ends up faceplanting in the bed, couch, or floor. He is a cute little boy.
Josh is working his little heart out. I don't think he realized how much work it would be to get his new job off the ground and try to fix up our new house. But he's plugging away.
Speaking of our new house, it will look so good when it is finished. Unfortunately right now it looks like a construction site. Our bedroom is about the only oasis of calm is our sea of chaos. But every day we get a little closer to peace. I will be so excited once we get our bathroom finished. Then we can start on Joseph's room and the kitchen. I told Josh the next time we buy a house, we are not majorly overhauling it. Twice is enough for me.
Just three more weeks until my parents leave for Finland. It will be an experience for all of us. I just wish I were closer to my family during this time. Maybe our next move will take us closer to everyone.
Well, I need to get dinner on the, I guess the tables not available right now. I just need to get dinner. Hopefully the next post will contain photos of us and our house.

No comments: