Thursday, July 31, 2008

And they're off

So Joseph is very mobile now. Still not official crawling, but he gets around. (the noise in the background of the video is our dishwasher)
It is so funny to come into a room and see him on his hands and feet with his little bum in the air. Especially when he starts crying.
Yesterday I was doing some stuff in the kitchen and came around the corner into the living room and found this. He had wriggled right out of his diaper. He loves moving over to the front door and playing with the tile (I think he likes the two different textures, carpet/tile). I just never thought he'd make it out of his diaper. He thought it was so funny that he had gotten himself undressed. Lucky there were no accidents on the carpet.
I love this picture because we never get him to smile at the camera. This was basically a fluke that Josh got him to smile. He is so cute and has such a nice smile. Kindergarten will be good to him. Just hard on his mom as I try to keep all the girls away from him.
Here are some more pictures of this adorable boy doing his silly little boy things.

a couple of weeks ago I caught him trying to rip his crib bumper off the bed. I took it off and this is how he usually ends up if I let him play in bed for a little while.

here he was trying to move forward but just kept moving backward until he was so far under his bouncy seat that he couldn't even get out if he tried to. It's so fun to watch him and laugh at him (it makes me wonder how much my parents laughed at me when I was little. The joys of being the first born)
Josh and I got called to be primary teachers in our ward. We are teaching the 11/12 year olds. It will be a new thing for me to be in senior primary. I've been teaching sunbeams off and on since I graduated from high school. Another funny thing is that our class is bigger than the whole primary was in our last ward. We have about 10-14 children and on average we had four in the whole primary in Ogden. Interesting.

No comments: