Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer Lovin'

I've been trying for four days to update this blog. Some days I am just amazed at how much work a 5 month old can create. And he's getting busier and busier.
Last Saturday we went to the Nature Center (free days are great). I don't know how many animals Joseph paid attention to. I think he just enjoyed being out of the house with both Mommy and Daddy. That doesn't happen very often. Usually Josh is at work and I'm taking Joseph shopping with me. He did love the trees and the plants. If he keeps this up we have our own little botanist on our hands.
He is so much fun. He makes the funniest noises and he gets excited about the funniest things. And he's so stinking cute. When is started to get to hot Joseph and I went to sit under a tree while Josh was chasing animals. Joseph lay on his back making the funniest noises. It almost sounded like he was crying or screaming or something negative. But he was having so much fun. He kept laughing and smiling.
Josh got some really cool pictures of some animals. Here are some of them.



I think Josh had more fun than the rest of us. He loves looking at animals and could spend all day doing it. Regardless of the weather or temperature or time or anything.
But Joseph did have fun with his parents and we had fun with him. He's starting to have so much more of a personality. He is so curious of the world around him and he gets frustrated if he can't get things to do what he thinks they should.
I love my two handsome boys. I'm so lucky to have the two of them. Aren't they about the cutest two boys you've ever seen? And they are mine. Heavenly Father must love me a whole bunch to give me the two of them.
I can't believe my parents have been in Finland for over three weeks. It's almost been a month since they left for the MTC. I've been on almost every single airline website trying to find the most cost effective way to go visit them. Of course, prices will change like crazy before we get to the point that we can go. I think it would be a wonderful cultural experience to go visit there. Finland is totally unique from practically any other country in the world. First, it's the only country where they speak finnish (figure that one out :)).
I also think it would be a good influence on Joseph to watch his grandparents teaching the gospel. I think seeing them and what they are about could be a good thing for him to learn about work and the gospel and loving his Savior. Even if he's not quite old enough to understand it all now, it will bless him in the long run. I'm so grateful for my parents and their desire to serve the Lord like this. It is a great example to me.
Joseph is learning to sit up. He can sit for about a minute before he faceplants. He usually is leaning way forward over his feet and legs but he is learning to balance himself and he has the strength in his back to keep himself up for a while. Before long he will be crawling all over the house. I'm losing my little baby. He is becoming a little man.

No comments: