Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday


Well, Joseph is now five months old. I can't believe how fast the time goes. He's been alive over half of the time I was pregnant with him (think about it for a minute. You'll get it.) He is so much fun to be around and he is such a funny little boy. The top picture is from a bunch of pictures Josh took of him a week or so ago. He was just staring at himself in the mirror. He had a blast making faces at himself.
The second picture is what happens when we put him in bed and he doesn't want to be there. Josh had put him in bed and was laying on our bed reading. I was in the kitchen and heard Joseph start yelling. He was upset about being put in bed and had rolled himself up in his blanket. That made him even more angry. He is so funny sometimes.
But that's why we love him.
He's almost figured out crawling. It's more that he gets on his feet and chest and then pushes himself around. But he is mobile. Which is kind of frightening.
So I watched "Gone with the Wind" last week. I figured I needed to watch it after having read the book to see if the movie was any better. I will admit that the movie is well made. They spent a lot of money on the production and most of the actors did a very good job.
But it's so depressing and Scarlett is such an idiot. All she cares about is money and Ashley. And Ashley is a stupid man. My two favorite characters are Rhett and Melanie. In fact, they are the only two worth mentioning in the whole movie. Pretty much every one else is an idiot or on the verge of idiocy. I'm sorry to those out there who like this movie. But it is really stupid and depressing. I had to watch "Enchanted" two times (plus a few extra choruses of "How Will She Know" just to make myself happy again.

No comments: