Thursday, February 18, 2010

So Little Time

I can't believe how much has happened since the last time I posted. On Saturday (6th) Josh and I went out to dinner and a movie for our anniversary. It was a nice relaxing day.

The next day I wasn't feeling too well so I skipped choir practice and took a nap before church. At church I started feeling better until the last hour (Young Women). Luckily with it being the first Sunday, I didn't have to teach a lesson. I just sat there feeling not good. After class I went to get Joseph and knew something was wrong. I told Josh we needed to go to the hospital.

We went home, changed and drove to the hospital. When we got there they confirmed my suspicions that I was having a miscarriage. I spent the next three days bleeding and cramping. Not too fun.

It's taken me about a week and a half to get better. I still get really light headed when I stand up. I know I lost a lot of blood. I didn't even know a person could lose that much blood and still be okay. But I'm getting a lot of my strength back and I'm starting to feel better emotionally.

I'm so glad we have Joseph here. He has helped me so much. Even though he has kept me from getting the rest I need, he has also kept me from getting too depressed. I was also greatly blessed with loving friends and family who have visited and brought meals and love.

Thanks to everyone who has sent prayers, love and concern our way.

2 comments:

Ryan Cowley said...

So sorry to hear! I am glad to hear that you doing well though. You're awesome!

Bowen Family said...

Jennifer - sorry to hear about your loss. I had a miscarriage after Emily (our first) too and it's definitey a loss. Take care of yourself and give yourself the time you need to get better. You're in our thoughts and prayers!