Saturday, February 27, 2010

My New Project

So a couple weeks ago I really felt like I needed to get a new project. I've got a couple I'm in the middle of, but I wanted something that would change the look of the house. Right now I just want to change a ton of stuff. I guess I just want to make things a bit different.

Anyway, shortly after Josh and I got married we inherited some kitchen chairs from my parents. I don't know how old they are but I think my parents had them for at least 20 years. The seat on some of them had been ripped up by siblings and my dad duct taped them together (the handy man's friend). Needless to say, they were quite dilapidated.

I decided to recover and repaint them. This is what they looked like originally.



This is the first one I've finished. I like the lighter color. And the sturdier vinyl.


So I need to finish the other four. Then I need to decide if I want to change the color on the kitchen table. It's just as dark as the original chairs. I like the lighter colors. Especially with all the wood in the kitchen (floors, cabinets, table) I need something to be a little bit lighter. It should make the whole room look bigger. And it's not that big to begin with. Besides, giving me stuff to do with my hands helps occupy my mind. and I really need that right now.

1 comment:

Ryan Cowley said...

I have to say, I'm impressed!!