Sunday, January 23, 2011

Changes, always changes

So a couple of months ago they changed the Young Women organization in our ward. They released the whole presidency and then the next week got new advisers (except for me). I asked to be left in and the bishopric was more than happy to accommodate me. I was excited to stay in. I love the girls and I've loved teaching them. Plus, our girl's camps are always so much fun. I love it.

Last night a member of the bishopric called and asked if we could come in this morning before church. They asked if I would be the new primary chorister. This releases me from being the laurel adviser. I will miss those girls so much. They have taught me so much about myself, the gospel and life in general.

I'm excited to be the primary chorister. The last time I had this calling we had between 2 and 10 kids in our primary. We have over 40 in this ward, so it will be quite different. Now I need to learn how to speak to children again. I've gotten used to talking to teenagers, I need to learn how to talk to 4-11 year olds. And our primary meets all together. So no junior/senior primary. That will be interesting. I know that just as I received help from Heavenly Father for my previous calling, I will receive help for this one.

One thing I find funny, We've been in this ward for almost three years (May makes it 3). During that time I've been to Relief Society for about a month. We got called into Primary in June and were there for a year when I got called to YW. I've been in YW for almost two years and now I'm back in primary. When I finally get back to Relief Society, I won't know how to talk to adult women.


Anyway, I'm excited. Next year Joseph will be in primary and if he doesn't do well in singing time, I'll beat him up after church ;) Speaking of the little imp, here he is with one of his best smiles.

No comments: