Monday, March 23, 2009

Where oh Where is Spring

So here it is, three days into spring and we've had a beautiful snow storm this morning. The last few days have been quite chilly. And I miss the sun.

It has been so nice to have the sun and now we get a storm. It was so fun to be outside with Joseph last week. He enjoyed the sun and the plants and the trees and the birds. He loves birds. He can hear a bird and find it before I've even realized there are birds around. He will watch them fly and try to catch them when they land. He also can tell you where all the fire hydrants are around our house. I don't know how he knows, but he does.

We've been working on the house and the yard lately. Unfortunately the people who lived here before we did didn't do anything in the yard. The back yard has a couple groupings of trees with flowers around them and a big area for a garden and compost area. The flower beds are covered with weeds. Most of them taller than Joseph. The trees (aspens) have little seedlings and some not so little seedlings all around them. There are some bulbs planted but I have pulled many of them out with all the raking for leaves and weeds. I'm hoping we can get this taken care of and have a lovely yard this year.

When we get some things done, I will put up some photos. I love having a big yard, I just wish I didn't have to be the one to take care of it.

No comments: