Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blame it on the Rain

Since I planted my garden last month, I haven't really done much with it. I've weeded about a dozen times, but that's about it. I blame it on the rain. First off, it's rained almost every day since I planted. Second, I just wanted to say that because I liked that song.

But beside that, look how well it's going. The peas are shooting up (some are over six inches). I think the two bottom middle squares are spinach and they look just great. The two on the end next to the spinach are beets and there are quite a few (still really small though). I believe the two top middle are lettuce and the two top corner are carrots. The carrots aren't coming up but I have some of everything else.
I also have four tomato plants that still need to be planted. I'm a little scared about that because of how cold it's been. Maybe next weekend I'll risk it.

But I'm proud of my garden. Hopefully this year I'll actually get a harvest. Good luck to me.

No comments: