Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Joseph's birthday

So for Joseph's birthday (back in February) we went ice skating. We went over the summer and he had a really fun time. During the month of December, almost every show on PBS kept showing people (or animals) ice skating in an episode. Joseph kept asking to go ice skating, so I told him we could go for his birthday.

He had a blast. He fell down a bazillion times, but mostly he just laughed and tried to get up again. We did get him to skate by himself a few times, but he was very insecure about that. We invited all his aunts and uncles and cousins, but the only person who showed up at the rink was Josh's sister Melanee. Joseph didn't care, he was having fun.

Here he is trying to stay upright.

Here we are (me, Joseph, and Melanee)

Believe it or not, he's laughing so hard he can't get up.

Trying to teach him he needs to put his weight on his feet, not on Daddy.

After skating, we went back to our church to have cake and ice cream. We would have done it at our house, but we don't have enough room for more than 6 people. My sister Kirsten, my brother Jeff, his wife and their girls came up for this part. Also, Josh's parents and his sister April made it too.

Sadly, this is about the best picture of the cake. I wanted a good pic of it, but left that up to Josh, He was photographing Joseph. Joseph is making a funny face at Grandpa. Luckily he had fallen asleep in the car on the way back from the ice rink. He was ready to have fun again. If you could really see the cake you could tell it's lopsided. I saw this online and I fell in love with it. It didn't lean the way I wanted it to, but it still turned out really well.


Jeff, Michelle and their girls enjoying cake and ice cream.

Michelle and my beautiful sister Kirsten. (all my sisters are beautiful. I sure lucked out)

This is his sneaky smile so you know he's up to something. My little boy is 3. I'm glad he had a happy day. He still talks about it. We'll see what happens next year.

No comments: