Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Run, baby, run!

So yesterday I signed up to run my first 5K. I'm excited to run. I ran in junior high school, but I was a sprinter. 4x100 and 4x200. Nothing really big. To run a 5K scares me to death. I'm scared to come in last or to not be able to finish, scare me. But I also know that if I don't try, there's no way I'll ever know if I can do it.

My sister in law Michelle ran a half marathon this month and she greatly inspired me. I don't know if I'll ever make it to the half marathon stage, but like I said before, If I don't try, I'll never know if I can do it.

The 5K is May 9th. I'm hoping I can get good enough to at least make a decent showing. And finish the run.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!

Mechelle said...

You can do it. It's really not that far. I'm sure you won't be the last one to cross the finish line. Just keep pushing yourself and keep a steady pace. Good luck and have fun.

Michelle said...

My mom said that Big Buddah from Fox 13 news "ran" in the 5K with the SLC marathon and he did it in 1 hour 10 minutes...I'm sure you'll beat him by a LONG shot. Good luck! You'll do great!